Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fly for the Sake of Flying

I finished up the weekend with the completion of my newest art journal creation: Fly for the Sake of Flying.  I suppose it's sort of a tribute to the Jonathon Livingston Seagull living inside my heart. 

The page is the result of the class on 21 Secrets, Improvisation Station.  Funny, I thought it would somehow be a class on acting, which I was NOT at all thinking I was into...heehee, and I couldn't figure out what acting had to with art journaling!

Not About Acting at All

Turns out, it wasn't an acting class at all, go figure...it was a superbly fun workshop on free-ing yourself from those shackles that keep your imagination all locked up.  I sat around pondering the class and the first two videos and exercises for like a week and a half.  We started with introducing ourselves to the class, and then we re-did our introduction in a less traditional way.  The re-introduction was more metaphorical, getting away from old titles and inside-the-box definitions.

The Metaphorical Challenge

I guess the challenge I had was getting my brain out of the picture and using my heart to define myself.  Whew!  Definitely felt like a real effort for me.  I didn't know I was going to have trouble free-ing myself from old shackles so that I could just play.  And the challenge wasn't so metaphorical for me, it was reeeaaal.

Here's what I created during the workshop...and I ended up loving it way more than I imagined!  I guess the point for me here is once again, just keep going and see what happens.  Don't give up halfway through :)



No comments:

Post a Comment