Friday, May 13, 2011

21 Secrets

I have been enjoying the AWESOME online art journaling class, 21 Secrets hosted by Dirty Footprints Studio.

Go Visit 21 Secrets

If you haven't checked out the class, or the Dirty Footprints Studio site, be sure to stop over and take a peek.  You can click on the button in the sidebar, or here's a link for you. 

The class is a terrific and really fun mix of 21 different workshops from 21 different artists.  When I signed up for the class, I had no idea of what I was getting myself into...21 different workshops is really a lot to absorb!!  Not in a bad way, mind you, but still a bit overwhelming at first.  Especially when I hadn't taken an online class like this before.

To My Surprise

As I was perusing the intros from the various artists/teachers, I got really excited about some classes, and a bit less excited about others.  The funny thing is, now that I have been enjoying the workshops for a while, the classes that I didn't think I was going to care about so much have become some of my very favorites!!

For example, Child's Play Workshop with Alma Stoller.  It took me a bit to get around to visiting this yummy class.  I started watching the videos in the middle of working on another project.  But as I started paying attention, WOWSERS!!  What a fun class full of messy and fun and creative and absolutely free-ing (did I just make that word up?) techniques and playtime!!  In fact, I stayed with that workshop back and forth between videos for two weeks, and all four of my kids and even my hubby got involved throughout the whole process :)  Of course, it took over my whole kitchen, art shelves, desk, and every place I could stack some papers while they were drying, heehee.

Examples of the Art

Here's a little peek at some of the A-W-E-some arts I made during that workshop...








No comments:

Post a Comment